Procurement Services aims to provide quality service to our customers meeting or exceeding their needs and expectations. Services provided by our unit include:
- Sourcing and acquisition of goods and services for NMSU units,
- Supporting and overseeing the departmental procurement card program,
- Maintaining accurate information about approved university vendors,
- Receiving and tagging acquired equipment,
- Overseeing the annual property inventory,
- Assisting in internal transfers of surplus property through the RePete system,
- Managing the disposal of surplus property for which no NMSU use is found,
- Providing liaison with NMSU’s insurers, handling incident reports and claims, and other risk management functions,
- Processing reimbursements for NMSU business travel, and
- Paying NMSU’s vendors for goods and contracted services provided.
New Mexico State University has learned that unknown persons are attempting to make fraudulent purchases acting as though they represent the university. Please know that legitimate contacts of the Procurement Services office:
- Will come from an email address in the domain “@nmsu.edu” or “@ad.nmsu.edu”. Email from an address like firstname.lastname@example.org is fraudulent.
- Will have phone numbers in area code 575 and exchange 646. Other numbers (such as 575-587-3153) are fraudulent.
- Will request delivery to a university facility, most of which are located in New Mexico and none of which are located in California.
Should you have a question about the legitimacy of an order or a contact from New Mexico State University, please contact us at email@example.com for confirmation.
Staples Business Advantage
Staples Business Advantage® is the preferred office supply provider to New Mexico State University, offering next day desktop delivery of supplies ordered. To have an account for your unit, register now at the Staples Advantage website. There are three screens in the registration process; you may wish to skip past the optional second screen to use the third (alphabetically listed units) to choose your ship-to address. If you do not find your unit on the list, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
*** Staples Advantage offers preferred pricing on the 400 items NMSU buys most (see the list).
Please let us know how we are doing!