New Mexico State University (NMSU) office of Procurement Services is pleased to announce the implementation of a new eProcurement system. This system is a comprehensive system, which will combine and streamline procurement processes (Vendor Services, eProcurement, Bid/RFP, Contract Management and Accounts Payable).
With this system implementation, NMSU will have an online vendor registration portal, which replaces all paper vendor registration forms, making the process more user-friendly and efficient. New vendors must be invited to complete the full electronic vendor questionnaire in order to be entered into the system for procurement. Vendors who register on their own will have limited access to review and participate in NMSU’s Pistol Pete’s Bidding System.
Current vendors who have already completed the full electronic vendor questionnaire can access and manage their vendor information by logging into:
New Mexico State University Procurement Services provides centralized purchasing services for all University campuses, with limited delegation of purchasing authority extended to campus departments.
Purchase orders are issued for officially authorized purchases under compliance with New Mexico State Procurement Code and The Regents of New Mexico State University policies and procedures. Vendors shall not make sales to the university without a purchase order.
There are several things vendors can do to ensure a good working relationship with NMSU:
- Keep us supplied with latest catalogs and price lists in electronic format
- Keep us informed of situations that may delay order fulfillment (e.g., back order situations, plant closures, impending shortages or strikes)
- Do not offer gifts or gratuities that may influence or affect university purchasing decisions. Incentives should take the form of quality or price considerations
- Inform us if specifications for a product can be improved to provide better quality/longer life and/or reduce its cost
- Follow through on orders to ensure delivery as promised
- Promptly provide us with an accurate certificate of insurance and proof of workers’ compensation whenever requested.